You’ve developed your blog strategy, and started to execute against it. But now what? The next step is to look at a solid content marketing strategy. Content marketing is all about getting relevant eyeballs content you’ve worked hard to create.
Here are some ideas to get you started…
STEP ONE: SHARE IT EVERYWHERE!
Consider all owned, earned and possible paid touch-points and make a list of where you can promote your content. Think about everywhere in your ecosystem ie.
- Link to your blog on Social Media (more than once, with different headlines and captions)
- Syndicate your blog ie. Leverage the LinkedIn blog function to share a copy and push back to your website
- Submit your blog to be guest post on like-minded but non-compete websites
- Include your blog in your e-blasts and other digital marketing
- Share your blog post in like-minded forums and groups
- Consider internal e-blast and communications
STEP TWO: ITERATE CONTENT (create more!)
Leverage every blog post to create new interesting content, allowing consumers to engage with your brand in many different ways. These engagement opportunities attract new customers, driving reach for your brand.
For example, one blog post can become…
- White paper gated content (sign up to learn more)
- Shareable graphics (customized per social platform)
- Slideshows & SlideShares
STEP THREE: MEASURE AND REPEAT
Look at what’s working and do more of it. Content marketing is part analytics and part intuition. Know your audience, deliver engaging content in multiple different ways, across different touch-points and you see major results.
Once you’ve committed to entering the world of content marketing, there’s no turning back! Just kidding, but you definitely be pleased with the increase in engagement and traffic you see as a result.
If you would like support developing your blog, growing your audiences or executing your content strategy, please contact us. Marigold would be happy to chat with you about how we can help.