Public Relations Consultant (part-time)
Marigold PR is looking for a FREELANCE dynamic Public Relations Consultant with superior people and communication skills who thrives in a creative and fast-paced environment. You have 3+ years of experience in account management of lifestyle-related clients and a proven track record in helping win, retain and grow new accounts. You thrive in designing and delivering fabulous PR campaigns that make a real impact and garner amazing results, leveraging both traditional and digital media outlets.
At Marigold, We value our team members and realize that finding the ideal employer is just as important as finding that perfect employee. We are a growing team, looking for energetic and passionate team members who love working with clients and delivering great service.
Marigold is a new marketing & PR agency located in Oakville. We specialize in branding, public relations, influencer relations and social media programs. We work collaboratively with clients as trusted partners, and with our team members to produce the best results for our roster of clients from a variety of sectors.
This role is currently part-time with hours spread across time in the Oakville office & remote work.
- Play a role in managing the planning, development, implementation, and execution of the public relations and communications programs created for clients
- Support managing online profiles, developing social media contests, engage in social discussions
- Write! Create, edit, deploy, and pitch press releases & blog posts
- Assist in new business; research, creating pitches & proposals
- Media & blogger relations, build lists and expand upon relationships
- Monitor for coverage and developing monthly reports
- Partner with team members to ensure proper messaging and relevancy
- Develop content for campaigns to be leveraged across all touchpoints (video, graphics, social messaging & campaigns)
- Conduct activities related to event management including: agenda, booking vendors, briefing binders, critical paths etc.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree/diploma in communications, journalism, PR or marketing, or a post-graduate specialization along with 1-2 years of experience, preferably in a PR Agency
- Experience working with lifestyle & tech brands an asset
- Solid understanding of social media, digital PR & influencer relations
- Ability to dig in create and execute shareable content (using tools like Sprout Social, Canva & Facebook Live)
- Strong knowledge of Canadian media both B2B and B2C
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills
- Positive, team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and a natural problem solver
Include cover note about why you’re a great fit, availability and rates.
Please email resumes to Katie(at)marigoldpr.com